- Assess fixed vs. variable components of product costs to determine cost savings opportunities
- Benchmark infrastructure costs against industry peers and alternative solutions such as Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Perform activity-based costing to model product rates and determine TCO of applications
- Role-based access supporting collaboration across the entire firm
- Dynamic "What-If" analysis capabilities providing impact to product rates with changes in business assumptions and cost drivers
- Configurable dashboards so each user of ComSci's solution can design the information best suited for them
Automate the Calculation of "Unit Costs" of IT Products and Services
ComSci enables companies to easily establish "unit rates" for the products and services that IT delivers to internal customers. Our solution creates a simple and efficient process to map IT cost drivers such as salaries and maintenance to the products and services provided by IT to the organization.
Once the template-based rules are established, the allocation rules can be automatically applied for future use. This means you can run your monthly expenses from your corporate financial system through the model to accurately calculate/re-calculate the unit costs of IT products and services. Users gain the ability to easily track and trend unit costs over time.
Model IT Services and Cost Drivers
Utilizing ComSci's dynamic cost model interface, the process begins with understanding your cost drivers and allocating them to IT products and services. Users have the ability to use standard templates to assist in establishing product cost pools that convert functional budgets to activities to products IT builds to products IT sells.
Manage Your Allocations
Our solution provides a step-by-step intuitive process to manage your allocations. Allocation rules define how much of every cost driver is allocated to a specific product or service. Users will also determine the parameter by which the allocation is done (e.g., FTE, users, CPUs, etc).
"What If" Analysis & Scenario Planning
ComSci provides robust "what if" analysis and scenario planning capabilities to help IT make better decisions about costs. It enables IT to determine the impact of new technologies (such as Cloud Investments, etc.) and whether these technologies will save money and improve IT efficiencies. Typical queries include questions like "What happens to my "unit cost" if I reduce maintenance agreements with my top three software vendors?"
Dashboard and Business Intelligence Reporting
All users reap the benefits of ComSci's rich reporting, analytics and dashboards. Users can design and build customized dashboards via a simple click of a button. Reports feature drill-down options and can be easily exported to other applications.